Lesson 1: Introduction (November 23-December 6)
1. Please begin by reading this blog & find out about the program.
2. Discover a few pointers from lifelong learners and learn how to nurture your own learning process.
Lesson 2: Blogging (December 7-December 20)
3. Set up your own blog & add your first post, & register your blog.
4. Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.
Lesson 3: Photos & Images (December 28-January 10)
5. Explore Flickr and learn about this popular image hosting site.
6. Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
Lesson 4: RSS & Newsreaders (January 11-January 24)
7. Learn about RSS feeds and set up your own feed reader.
8. Locate a few useful library related blogs and/or news feeds.
Lesson 6: Catch-up (February 8-February 21)
Just like it says. This week is all about catching up, checking out tools you haven’t had time to explore, or returning to something you tried earlier but haven’t been back to.
Lesson 7: Play (February 22-March 7)
11. Play around with an online image generator.
12. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.
Lesson 8: Tagging & Twitter (March 8-March 21)
13. Learn about tagging and discover Del.icio.us (a social bookmarking site).
14. Try Twitter
15. Read a few perspectives on Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries and blog your thoughts.
Lesson 9: Wikis and Online Productivity Tools (March 22-April 13)
16. Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them.
17. Create a wiki or add an entry to a Vermont’s 23 Things sandbox wiki.
18. Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.
Lesson 10: Track Your Library (April 14-May 10)
19. Track Your Library
20. Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.
Lesson 11: Video & Podcasts (May 10-May 24)
21. Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow users to upload and share videos.
22. Discover some useful search tools for locating podcasts.
23. Summarize your thoughts about this program on your blog.