– Go to Bloglines, and click on the thing that says “Sign Up Now, It’s Free.”
– If you want a “Sub With Bloglines” button for your Browser:
- When you first go to your Bloglines account, there will be “help” style information in the central section of the page.
- Look down on the list under “Subscribe To It.” Follow the directions, and you’ll have a new button for your browser in no time!
– To get Feeds:
- When you are on a site that has an RSS feed, you can click “Sub With Bloglines,” and add that feed to your Bloglines list.
- In Firefox, any site with an RSS feed has an icon in the address bar that looks like a square with three radiating lines coming out of one corner.
- In Firefox or IE, pages that have RSS feeds often advertise that fact with various icons that say “RSS” on them.
- Sometimes when you click “Sub With Bloglines,” you will get a list of several different feeds. Just choose one of these feeds – if it’s not obvious which one, look for the feed that has the most subscriptions.
- You can add feeds to your Bloglines if you know the URL of that RSS feed. Back on the Bloglines page, above your list of feeds, there are three short headings: Add, Edit, and Options. Click on Add, and you can add by URL, or conduct searches by category. Edit will allow you to delete feeds that you don’t want any more, and Options lets you customize how you want your feeds to be displayed to you.
2. Optional: Provide the URL address to your public Bloglines account so that people can view your public subscriptions. To do this:
- click on Account (top right corner)
- click on Blog Settings
- enter User Name
- check Yes, publish my Blogroll
- Save Changes