- Go to the Blogger website: www.blogger.com
(this will open in a separate window).
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on
‘Create A Blog.’
- You’ll need to set up a Google Account to use Blogger – follow the instructions and click ‘continue.’
- Create a Blog Title.
- Create a Blog URL.
- Select a style that appeals to you.
- Bookmark the Blogger start page, as well as the URL for your blog.
- Log out and log back in again – for practice.
- Write a blog post. You can write about anything that you would be interested in other people reading. If you thought of a theme for your blog in the previous assignment, write something for that theme. You could also write about what you think of blogging so far.
To get back to your blog, to add future postings:
- Go to your blog
- Look to the top right corner of the screen and click on the ‘Sign In’ link
(If you’ve forgotten your blog URL, head to http://www.blogger.com and continue with the next step)
- Look to the top right corner of the screen and click on the ‘New Blogger’ link
- Log in with your Username and Password (these will be tied to the Google account you set up a few minutes ago)
- Find your blog on the ‘Dashboard’ and click on it’s ‘New Post’ link
- Blog away…
Once you’ve logged in you’ll also be able to change your blog settings – either by clicking on the Settings, or Layout links on your ‘Dashboard’ or clicking on the Customize button you’ll find on the top right corner.
If you run into problems or would like more information about using Blogger here’s a tutorial: